You should always have goals and dreams that you try every day for, it makes life more interesting.
Appreciate the little things that make dealing with the harder things much easier.
Life is beautiful if you give it a chance to shine through everything that tries to bring it down.
The simple things are the most extraordinary.
Look for the dream that keeps coming back.
That was the day she made herself promise to live more intention and less from habit.
It was a gift they could never love her entirely - for then she was forced to do it herself.
The most important thing about a person is always the thing you don’t know.
Holding nothing back, she tackles me with real. With a grin and a tear she shares her depths. Denying no part of herself, she encourages me to do the same. Taking my hand, together, we face the world.
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can’t see from the center.
You wonder whether your swing could flip over the metal bar at the top, swing you all the way around, and throw you to the ground, bruised and broken. When you were a kid, you thought it could happen- but you weren’t afraid. All grown up, you know it can’t happen- but you’re filled with fear. You swing slower, instead of pumping for the sky. You don’t jump off- you slow yourself to a stop. You’d never fling yourself into the air midswing, because you’re no longer dreaming of flying. You’re just worrying about how you’re going to land.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2010.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
And what if this is all just some crazy made up fantasy. What if we’re all just some ones avatars, or just exist in some ones recurring dream. Because things happen sometimes that seem just unfathomable. And people are thousands of miles away, when they shouldn’t be. And this world is bound for disaster, and peoples’ eyes are closed to beauty. And there has to be suffering, but so few know peace. Whatever this “life” is though, it’s worth it. Because I have been able to laugh, cry, smile, frown, walk in heaven on earth, hell on earth, believe, doubt, betray, abandon, trust, and love. I have been able to love and most importantly though, be loved.